The Angler's Almanac has been the most popular and widely used predicted best fishing times print publication in Australia for the past 20 years. Anecdotal evidence from those 20 years proves these predictions work. This app extends the Almanac's predictions to a global level, so the predicted times can be used anywhere in the world in fresh or saltwater. It also incorporates an incredible wealth of research and generational knowledge that ranges from basics such as most-suitable knots and rigs, how to cast a bait net, to freeing a bogged 4WD using improvised tools.
The prediction tables are set out in an easy-to-read format with predictions for every day of a 14-month calendar (November 2015 to December 2016). The tables are set out on the basis of Moon Above (in the sky above the observer) and Moon Below (on the opposite side of the Earth below the observer).
Times shown in the Moon Above columns are predicted approximate starting times of major periods of fish feeding activity for that day. These periods will begin soon after the predicted times and can last for more than an hour. Minor times are usually of much shorter duration (often less than 30 minutes) but the feeding activity in these periods can be more pronounced with a greater catch rate.
The Angler's Almanac 2016 comprises 22 specialized sections with more than 220 interactive features, including:
- International tides and weather links
- Interactive fish guide that provides pan and zoom high resolution specimen photos, as well as pop-up information on habitats and how-to-catch
- How to catch and release
- Regulations and rules links
- Knot guide: simple step-by-step interactive diagrams
- Fishing rigs: pop-up diagrams and explanations of rigs most suitable for fish and conditions
- 4WD tips, including beach driving tips; understanding 4WD; engines; wheels and tyres; spares and accessories; how to get out of bogged situations; creek crossings; and more
- Interactive guide to net casting
- Interactive guide to surf casting
- Fast guide to crabbing
- Extensive explanation of background: the moon, tides, sun and stars; the moon and the fisherman; the Moon and fish feeding patterns; fish feeding activity (major and minor); how to get the best results from this app; wind, weather and currents; the effect of Moon on tides.
- 2016 Moon phases.
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Angler's Almanac is a free software application from the Health & Nutrition subcategory, part of the Home & Hobby category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2015-12-17. The program can be installed on iOS.
Angler's Almanac (version 1.4) has a file size of 61.34 MB and is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.